About Scheherazade Shiraz
Scheherazade Shiraz is an associate in our Dispute Resolution team and is based in Dubai.
Scheherazade trained and qualified in London. She is also qualified in Pakistan and has been Called to the Bar by Lincoln’s Inn (England & Wales). Scheherazade's experience includes English High Court litigation, international arbitration, global investigations, pre-contentious advice and aviation.
Scheherazade sits on the Steering Committee of the Young Arbitration Group of Pakistan’s only arbitration organisation, CIICA, working to promote international arbitration in the region.
- Advising a US-headquartered global energy corporation as operator of two major oil fields in Asia in relation to ongoing delay and disruption claims against a contractor, arising out of the construction of certain facilities.
- Advising a contractor in relation to potential claims arising from delay/subsidence (airport terminal construction - contract value of $4 billion).
- Defending major state-owned bank against a state in English High Court proceedings. Claim of unlawful means conspiracy to commit market manipulation, claim value of over GBP100 million.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications company in global investigation pursuant to defending US litigation brought under US anti-terror legislation.
- Advising a private petrochemical company in its internal investigation of allegations of misconduct, improper transactions and corruption to establish factual evidence base, legal risks and quantification of multi million Saudi riyals of damages.
- Advising German-headquartered global energy company in global investigation; managing allegations of $110 million forged payment undertakings involving its local Dubai affiliate, local and Swiss banks, threatened civil and criminal proceedings and potential money laundering issues.
- Advising an arbitral tribunal on a global dispute (ICC arbitration); Indian and Qatari law.
- Advising on internationally binding instrument under UN Convention on Law of the Sea on biological diversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction.
- *Advising a major Pakistani power company on disputes pursuant to an operations and maintenance contract (English law governed) with a multinational conglomerate.
- *Advising on warranty and production claims against a Chinese contractor for Pakistani client.
- *Advising a French owned developmental agency against the State of Pakistan in relation to non-compliance of a concessions contract and remedies under local and international law.
- *Advising on tripartite dispute resolution provisions of a Pakistani energy purchase agreement for an international finance institution.
- *Advising on high-value English High Court (Commercial Court) dispute between an Italian insurer and a French aircraft manufacturer.
- *Advising (conduct of) EU Regulation 261/2004 aviation claims.
- *Advising on judicial review in relation to the deportation rights of the UK Home Office.
- 2014 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University College London, London
- 2015 - Legal Practice Course (Distinction), University of Law, London
- 2017 - Admitted as a Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England & Wales
- 2018 - Admitted as an Advocate (Punjab, Pakistan)
- 2019 - Called to the Bar by the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (England & Wales)