About Adam Siegel
Adam represents clients facing government investigations and related civil litigation.
Clients in a broad range of industries rely on him to defend them in investigations conducted by the US Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission and state attorneys general in matters involving alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, insider trading, tax fraud and accounting fraud. He also conducts internal investigations on behalf of clients in a wide range of industries.
Adam works regularly with other firm lawyers around the world, defending multijurisdictional investigations, developing compliance and training programs tailored to the global regulatory regimes faced by clients, and conducting due diligence regarding bribery and other risks in corporate transactions.
- Conducting internal investigations regarding a variety of allegations in approximately 10 countries in Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East for a multinational energy company.
- Representing a Swiss financial institution in extended discussions with the DOJ and other regulators concerning its tax compliance.
- Representing a global engineering company in internal reviews of corruption allegations and in discussions with multilateral development banks.
- Defending a multinational pharmaceutical company in an inquiry conducted by the DOJ and SEC into relationships with officials in countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America.
- Conducting an internal investigation for a multinational manufacturing company involving allegations concerning its sales agents throughout the Middle East.
- Defending the European affiliate of a “big four” accounting firm in an investigation by the SEC and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board regarding the audit of a client.
- Serving as global anticorruption compliance counsel for a multinational consumer products company, responsible for policy review and development, strategic advice and the conduct of investigations.
- JD, magna cum laude, Harvard Law School.
- AB, magna cum laude, Harvard University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York.
- Previously, Assistant US Attorney in the Criminal Division of the US Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, serving as Deputy Chief and Chief Appellate Attorney.