About Jake A. Silvers
Jake is an associate in the Life Sciences Transactions team of our New York office. Prior to joining Freshfields, Jake worked at a global law firm where his practice focused on complex litigation with an emphasis on intellectual property matters in the fields of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Jake received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Penn Law where he studied Intellectual Property Law. He also earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Chemistry, magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica on its acquisition from Pfizer of Fosmanogepix, a clinical-stage antifungal candidate with a novel mechanism of action to treat invasive mold infections.
- BioCryst in its license agreement with Clearside Biomedical, Inc. to to develop and commercialize BioCryst’s proprietary compound, BCX-4161 or avoralstat, in combination with Clearside’s proprietary drug delivery device, for the treatment and prevention of certain eye diseases.
- Moderna on its collaboration with CARsgen Therapeutics for the development of a combination therapy consisting of an mRNA-based cancer vaccine and an autologous CAR-T therapy.
- Novartis on its collaboration and license agreement with Ionis Pharmaceuticals for the discovery, development and commercialization of a novel medicine for patients with certain cardiovascular diseases.
- PhenomeX in its agreement to sell to Bruker Corporation.
- SERB Pharmaceuticals on its license from SFJ Pharmaceuticals to obtain exclusive U.S. rights to bentracimab, a ticagrelor reversal agent.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School., J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2019
- Associate Editor of University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law
- Penn Intellectual Property Group
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Chemistry, magna cum laude, 2016
- Admitted to the New York State bar