About Justin C. Simeone
Justin is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution practice group based in Washington, D.C.
Justin has experience representing clients during civil and criminal investigations and litigations, including multiple trials in U.S. federal district court. He also has experience with complex cross-border disputes, including matters involving multilateral development banks. Justin is a member of the U.S. Pro Bono Committee and maintains an active pro bono practice that spans individual representation, class action litigation, and appellate advocacy.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Justin held positions as a Scholar in Residence at New York University School of Law, an Extern in the Office of the Legal Adviser at the U.S. Department of State, and a Short-Term Consultant for the World Bank and International Labor Organization. In addition, he directed or assisted with academic courses on international relations and international law at Princeton University, the Georgetown University Law Center, and the University of Mary Washington.
Justin's experience includes:
- representing one of Europe’s largest chemical producers during a civil antitrust trial in the D.D.C. federal district court
- representing the former CEO of a public company during a criminal securities fraud trial in the S.D.N.Y. federal district court
- advising a major global bank during DOJ and SEC investigations into a series of multi-billion-dollar infrastructure loans to an African country
- advising a leading Chinese state-owned construction company during a World Bank Integrity Vice Presidency investigation
- representing an individual from a leading crypto-currency company during DOJ, CFTC, and NY Attorney General investigations
- representing a class of Special Immigrant Visa applicants in successful litigation before the D.D.C. federal district court
- representing a well-known think tank in amicus briefs to the Fourth Circuit, Ninth Circuit, and Supreme Court
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, Global Law Scholar, Global Teaching Fellow, Executive Articles Editor for The Georgetown Law Journal
- M.A., Princeton University, Levy Social Policy Fellow, Liman Public Interest Law Fellow
- M.Sc., London School of Economics, Fulbright Scholar to the United Kingdom
- B.A., University of Mary Washington, Class Valedictorian
- Admitted to practice in the District of Columbia.