About Vasuda Sinha
Vasuda Sinha is a senior associate in our International Arbitration Group based in Paris.
Vasuda is an experienced disputes specialist with particular experience in cross-border disputes, insolvency litigation, shareholder disputes and proxy contests, investigations and securities class actions and regulation. Vasuda has appeared as counsel before various tribunals and courts, including arbitral tribunals and the Supreme Court of Canada. She has also been extensively involved in enforcement and related proceedings across different jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Vasuda practised for several years in the litigation group of an international law firm in Toronto. Prior to practise, Vasuda articled at the Ottawa office of a national Canadian firm, where she focused on public law litigation. After articles she spent a year in various chambers in London as a Fox Scholar.
Vasuda speaks English, Hindi and French.
- Representing a Kazakh company in an SCC arbitration brought by a contractor arising out of two contracts for the manufacture and installation of equipment for use in an oilfield.
- Acting for a leading operator in the nuclear energy industry in a high-value commercial dispute (ICC arbitration) concerning a long-term supply contract.
- Representing an international supplier of building materials in an ICC arbitration concerning a high-value post-M&A dispute.
- Representing a client in coordinating a global campaign of enforcement proceedings for an arbitral award and various court judgments in a number of jurisdictions.
- Advising a pro-bono NGO client in relation to a peace agreement concluding a non-international armed conflict.
- Acting for a leading EPC and EPCM services company in defending shareholder class actions, including in respect of claims for civil secondary market liability and prospectus misrepresentation.
- Acting for Nortel Canada in its insolvency, including in a trial jointly held in the US Bankruptcy and Ontario courts regarding the allocation of the proceeds from the sale of Nortel’s assets and the litigation of certain other claims that have been asserted against Nortel, including by the UK Pension Protection Fund and the Nortel UK Pension Fund Trustee.
- Faculty of Law, University of Toronto, JD
- Queen’s University, BA Hons (with Distinction)
- Barrister and Solicitor (Ontario, Canada)
- Avocat à la Cour (Paris Bar)
- International Chamber of Commerce (Canada)
- Young Canadian Arbitration Practitioners
- The Advocates' Society (Canada)