About Vinita Sithapathy
Vinita is a senior associate in our M&A practice in New York.
She represents corporate and private equity clients on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions.
She is admitted to practice in the State of New York and in India. Vinita is fluent in Tamil and Hindi.
- A major shareholder in ReNew Power in ReNew’s $8 bn business combination with SPAC RMG Acquisition Corp. II.
- Google on its $4.5bn transaction with Jio Platforms, including investment and governance arrangements, and commercial agreements to develop an affordable smartphone with an optimized operating system; and on its acquisitions of Cornerstone Technology and Dataform.
- Special Committee of Independent Directors of Emerald Holding in a $400 million convertible preferred stock PIPE led by Onex Corporation.
- Paine Schwartz Partners on its acquisition of Wawona Packing and on Wawona’s subsequent acquisitions of Gerawan Farming and Burchell Nursery; acquisition of Lyons Magnus and on Lyons Magnus’ subsequent acquisition of TRU Aseptics; acquisition of the FoodChainID and on FoodChainID’s various acquisitions in the US, Brazil, Italy and Belgium; and in portfolio company Eurodrip’s merger with Rivulis Irrigation.
- Warburg Pincus on the acquisition of Israeli credit card operator Leumi Cards from Bank Leumi.
- Hewlett-Packard Company on its spin-off of HPE and the resulting global business separation, creating two separate publicly traded companies with a combined market capitalization in excess of $50bn.
- London Stock Exchange on its $1.15bn sale of Frank Russell Company’s asset management business to TA Associates and Reverence Capital Partners and $685m acquisition of Citigroup’s Yield Book and Fixed Income Indices business.
- Japan Tobacco on its $5bn acquisition of the non-US operations of Natural American Spirit from Reynolds American and its acquisition of Logic Technology Development.
- the Chief Executive Officer, Chairman and Founder of global visual technology company RealD in its $550m take-private by Rizvi Traverse.
- Columbia Law School
- LL.M., 2014
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai, India
- BLS, LL.B., 2008
- New York