About Kim Sofroniou
Kim's practice covers a broad range of contentious commercial matters and investigations. She has significant experience of complex, large-scale disputes before the English High Court, acting for both Claimants and Defendants.
Kim has experience of obtaining worldwide freezing orders and other ancillary relief, with a particular focus on matters involving allegations of fraud. She also acts for clients in relation to cross-border investigations involving both UK and foreign regulators.
During her time at Freshfields, Kim has spent time on secondment to the firm's Moscow office, and to the English High Court as a Judicial Assistant in the Chancery Division.
Kim speaks French and German.
- Advising on various contentious aspects of a receivership worth over US$6 billion, involving disputes against multiple parties in the English High Court as well as in numerous off-shore jurisdictions.
- Advising on multi-party claims in the Chancery Division of the High Court seeking to recover dividends allegedly paid unlawfully and in breach of duty. The case involved complicated accounting questions related to contingent liabilities linked to environmental exposure in the US.
- Acting for an international oil trading group in bringing claims relating to an alleged fraud on the part of its former management and persons and entities associated with them, including obtaining worldwide freezing orders and related relief in multiple jurisdictions.
- Advising a major international conglomerate on potential avenues of recourse arising out of the acquisition of a subsidiary group.
- St. John's College, University of Oxford, BA (Hons) Modern History.
- BPP Law School, London, GDL and LPC.
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales.