About Christian Sosna
Christian is an Associate in our Data and Technology Practice Group who advises clients on all aspects of IT law.
Christian advises domestic and multinational companies on data protection, privacy, and media law, with an emphasis on technology-driven innovation and digital projects. His work encompasses the full range of legal matters from compliance with data protection laws worldwide, to commercial agreements, risk assessments, international data transfers as well as preparation for and response to data and cyber incidents.
Furthermore, Christian has significant experience in leading internal investigations, defending clients in GDPR-related administrative and fine proceedings before authorities and advising on data-related litigation before national and European courts. In addition, Christian is regularly involved in M&A transactions on commercial aspects in IT & IP law, cyber security, and data privacy compliance.
Christian has been seconded to a leading German automotive manufacturer.
Christian speaks German and English.
Online and digital
- Advising a global tech client in data protection damages proceedings before the Court of Justice of the European Union and various aspects of its (national court) mass claim defense.
- Advising an international credit scoring agency on holistic data protection compliance, including the implementation of the new E.U. – U.S. Data Protection Framework.
- Advising various media companies in general GDPR compliance matters and implementation of a dedicated governance structure.
- Providing continuous advice to leading automotive companies on their global data strategy, various data-driven use cases, and the data protection aspects of connected vehicles and digital services, in particular the implementation of self-driving car technology and anonymisation of vehicle data.
- Advising a multinational insurance firm on general GDPR compliance matters and a series of GDPR-aligned supervisory administrative and fine proceedings.
- Advising clients on data protection, IT governance and related compliance management in various M&A transactions both on the buy-slide and sell-side.
University of Osnabrueck (First State Exam)
Higher Regional Court Oldenburg (Second State Exam)