About Danny Spencer
Danny is a senior associate in our intellectual property and technology group.
He advises primarily on intellectual property, data and commercial matters. He focuses on cross-border technology transactions, including public and private M&A, licensing, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and emerging technologies. He also advises on IP risk management and disputes, including multi-jurisdictional brand protection.
Danny spent several years at the firm's London office before joining our US IP and technology transactions group.
He speaks French as well as his native English.
- London Stock Exchange Group on its acquisition of AcadiaSoft.
- Coupa on its pending $8 billion sale to Thoma Bravo.
- Ericsson on the sale of its IoT Accelerator and Connected Vehicle Cloud businesses and related assets to Aeris Communications, Inc.
- Siemens on the sale of its global low-voltage NEMA motors business to ABB.
- Google on its pending $5.4 billion acquisition of publicly-traded Mandiant Inc., as well as related transactions with Blackstone and other private equity sponsor holders of convertible preferred stock of Mandiant.
- Ericsson on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Vonage.
- Axel Springer on its acquisition of Allbritton, including publications POLITICO, Protocol and POLITICO Europe (a joint venture with Allbritton).
- A world-leading technology and consumer goods company in connection with several strategic acquisitions.
- Aston Martin Lagonda on its strategic technology cooperation arrangement with Mercedes-Benz.
- Several multinational clients on strategic data privacy and cyber security matters.
- Mars, Inc. on the carve-out and disposal of the Mars Drinks business to Lavazza.
- A chemicals company on its €5.9bn acquisition of significant components of Bayer’s seed and non-selective herbicide businesses and on its €1.7bn acquisition of Bayer’s global vegetable seeds business, certain seed treatment assets and digital agriculture platform.
- A leading investment bank on its global brand protection strategy.
- AB InBev on multiple deals, including the sale of its Australian business and its £78.4bn acquisition of SABMiller.
- BBP University Law School – Legal Practice Course, pass with distinction
- King’s College London, University of London – LLM in Law, pass with distinction and top of year
- King’s College London, University of London – LLB in Law, first class honours
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Not admitted in New York or District of Columbia. Registered Foreign Legal Consultant, New York. Special Legal Consultant application pending, District of Columbia.