About Caroline Stroud
Caroline is a commercial litigator. She specialises in employment litigation and investigations, and regularly advises clients who find themselves the subject of a global investigation by the regulators, or who need to run their own investigation following the misconduct of an employee.
Caroline also helps PLCs, financial institutions and professional services firms hire and fire senior executives, make board appointments, re-organise themselves, buy new businesses, and open and close operations across the world.
In the UK, Caroline defends clients in both employment and pensions disputes, in the High Court and the Court of Appeal, as well as in employment tribunals and the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
As a solicitor-advocate, she has civil rights of audience. Caroline is also an accredited Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution mediator and frequently supports clients in employment- and pensions-related mediations.
- Advising a UK-headquartered organisation in relation to allegations of bribery and corruption in Africa with employees based in the UK, Africa and India, including conducting the investigation in Kenya and Tanzania and advising on all subsequent disciplinary processes, data protection issues and regulatory obligations.
- Conducting the defence of a 'class action' claim in the UK employment tribunal in relation to classification of individuals who provide services to a UK-based retail business.
- Conducting the defence of a multi-million pound whistleblowing claim brought by a senior employee of a UK retail bank which involved investigation of all allegations, liaising with the regulator, liaising with the police in relation to criminal prosecutions, and defending the employment litigation brought by the relevant employee.
- Advising in relation to a breach of confidentiality in an investment firm, including managing the crisis, reviewing what information had been lost, investigating the conduct of employees, delivering an investigation report and advising on remedial steps to improve cybersecurity.
- Advising an international business on the implementation of data protection policies and procedures for their employees worldwide, including establishing a whistleblowing hotline, investigation protocol and dealing with issues raised through the hotline from around the world.
- Advising an insurance company on the investigation of alleged wrongdoing and regulatory breach by senior employees by a whistleblower, including interviewing the senior management of the firm, preparation of an investigation report and advice on all related employment issues.
- Solicitor-advocate (civil)
- Accredited Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution mediator