About Rose Swaffield
Rose is a senior associate in our London tax practice. She advises a wide range of businesses on all areas of corporate tax law. Much of her work has a cross-border dimension.
Rose’s work covers a range of sectors, including pharma, tech and financial institutions. She has particular expertise in:
- public and private M&A, joint ventures, IPOs and corporate financing transactions;
- group tax planning, including structuring, reorganisations and demergers, and transfer pricing; and
- tax disputes, including the tax treatment of regulatory fines, transfer pricing and diverted profit tax enquiries and EU tax State aid investigations.
Rose’s experience includes advising:
- CPP Investments on the establishment of a joint venture with Round Hill Capital, which will seek to acquire a European student accommodation portfolio of up to €1 billion initially, with scope to increase further over time. CPP is the majority equity partner and Round Hill will provide management services to the joint venture.
- RAC, CVC Capital Partners and GIC on the sale of a stake in RAC, the UK’s biggest breakdown assistance provider, to Silver Lake Partners.
- Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge - BA (Hons) Politics, Psychology and Sociology
- BPP Law School - Graduate Diploma in Law
- BPP Law School - Legal Practice Course
- Solicitor, England and Wales