About Rose Swaffield
Rose is a senior associate in our London tax practice. She advises a wide range of businesses on all areas of corporate tax law. Much of her work has a cross-border dimension.
Rose’s work covers a range of sectors, including pharma, consumer healthcare, tech and financial institutions. Rose also advises financial sponsors on their M&A. She has particular expertise in:
- public and private M&A, joint ventures, IPOs and corporate financing transactions;
- group tax planning, including structuring, reorganisations and demergers, and transfer pricing; and
- tax disputes, including the tax treatment of regulatory fines, transfer pricing and diverted profit tax enquiries and EU tax State aid investigations.
Rose’s experience includes advising:
- AstraZeneca on its $1bn+ acquisition of global clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, Gracell Biotechnologies Inc.
- CVC on its acquisition of a majority stake in DIF Capital Partners, a leading infrastructure manager with €16bn of assets under management
- Grünenthal, the Germany-based global leader in pain management and related diseases, on a joint venture collaboration with Japan-based Kyowa Kirin International
- Pandox AB group on its £53mn acquisition of The Queens Hotel in central Leeds, UK
- CPP Investments on a joint venture with Round Hill Capital, which will seek to acquire a European student accommodation portfolio of up to (initially) €1 billion
- RAC, CVC Capital Partners and GIC on the sale of a stake in RAC, the UK’s biggest breakdown assistance provider, to Silver Lake Partners
- Synergy Marine Group, the fourth largest global ship manager and provider of end-to-end maritime solutions, on an investment for a minority ownership stake by Searchlight Capital Partners
- Schoen Clinic Group on its sale of Schoen Clinic London to Fortius Clinic
- Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge - BA (Hons) Politics, Psychology and Sociology
- BPP Law School - Graduate Diploma in Law
- BPP Law School - Legal Practice Course
- Solicitor, England and Wales