About Liam Symonds
Liam is an associate in our commercial disputes group within our Dispute Resolution department in London. He advises a wide range of clients on litigation, investigations, and general corporate advisory (including risk/compliance matters).
He has spent some time working in the firm’s Manchester office on various projects and initiatives including legal technology and innovation projects. He is also actively involved in our diversity and inclusion efforts and related collaborations with clients.
- Acting for BGEO Group Limited, a holding company of the Bank of Georgia, in Commercial Court proceedings brought by a Georgian businessman for a claim for approximately $300 million in damages.
- Acting for Manchester City Football Club on its successful appeal of UEFA’s two-year ban from the Champions League.
- Advising a FTSE 100 gaming company on the settlement of a circa $1 billion judgment debt.
- Acting for a leading car manufacturer in defending a mass claim regarding alleged issues relating to emissions from its diesel engines.
- Acting for an offshore private investment vehicle of an ultra-high-net-worth family in an unfair prejudice petition, brought under the Companies Act 2006, in respect of issues arising out of a UK-incorporated joint venture company (with primary operations in Switzerland and Cyprus).
- Advising a wide range of corporate clients in relation to litigation, investigations, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and other compliance risks in connection with M&A transactions and minority investments.
- Acting (on a pro bono basis) for an individual claimant in UK employment tribunal proceedings regarding an action for, amongst other things, claims under the Equality Act 2010 on the grounds of race.
- Acting, on a pro bono basis, for a UK-based modern slavery survivor in appeal proceedings against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority in respect of long-term injuries.
- Qualified Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (LLB), BPP University, Manchester
- Non-Executive Director and Vice-Chair, The Big Life Group