About Liam Symonds
Liam is an associate in our commercial disputes group within our Dispute Resolution department in London. He advises a wide range of clients on litigation, investigations, and general risk/compliance matters.
He has spent some time working in the firm’s Manchester office on various projects and initiatives including legal technology and innovation projects. He is also actively involved in our diversity and inclusion efforts and related collaborations with clients.
- Acting for BGEO Group Limited, a holding company of the Bank of Georgia, in Commercial Court proceedings brought by a Georgian businessman for a claim for approximately $300 million in damages.
- Acting for Manchester City Football Club on its successful appeal of UEFA’s two-year ban from the Champions League.
- Advising a FTSE 100 gaming company on the settlement of a circa $1 billion judgment debt.
- Acting for a FTSE 100 company in relation to a regulatory investigation.
- Advising a wide range of corporate clients in relation to litigation, investigations, anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and other compliance risks in connection with M&A transactions and minority investments.
- Acting (on a pro bono basis) for an individual claimant in UK employment tribunal proceedings regarding an action for, amongst other things, claims under the Equality Act 2010 on the grounds of race.
- Qualified Solicitor (England and Wales)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (LLB), BPP University, Manchester
- Director and Trustee, The Big Life Group