About Tamrong Teo
Tamrong is an associate in the Global Transactions team based in the Tokyo office.
Tamrong focuses his practice on M&A, though he has significant banking and corporate finance, energy and project finance, and general corporate experience. His experience includes advising on and preparing transaction documents for complex, international commercial deals in the areas of public and private M&A, private equity, projects, joint ventures, and credit finance and refinance. He is regularly involved in drafting, negotiating, and preparing various corporate, project, financial, and security documents, as well as attending to post-completion matters. Tamrong is also experienced in all phases of the legal due diligence process across a wide range of industries, including steel, light and heavy industry, electronics, media, finance, consumer products, and industrial, retail, and residential real estate.
Prior to joining Freshfields' Tokyo office, Tamrong worked at the Tokyo office of a leading US law firm and the Bangkok office of another market leading US law firm.
- Advised on post-closing matters on the acquisition by a multinational steel conglomerate for US$ 200 million of a steel accessories manufacturer.*
- Advised a syndicate of financial institutions to prepare finance and share acquisition documents for a contemplated US$ 10 billion acquisition of an international retail conglomerate.*
- Advised a global chemicals, energy, and logistics conglomerate for vendor’s due diligence in a contemplated sale of its performance materials manufacturing business, including advising on corporate and liquidation procedures for one of its overseas subsidiaries.*
- Conducted local due diligence for an international group of private equity firms in a contemplated US$ 100 million proposed joint venture and equity investment in a public steel company.*
- Conducted due diligence and prepared transaction documents for a global financial institution in the approximately US$ 30 million investment in shares of a publicly listed medical services provider.*
- Advised a listed company to acquire a manufacturer of intermediate food products, including advising on interim distribution, technical assistance and marketing cooperation.*
- Advised a manufacturing conglomerate as local law counsel in the contemplated acquisition of two Southeast Asian tire rubber factories.*
Banking & Finance
- Advised one of the world's largest international development banks in a US$ 200 million dual stage loan to a market-leading lender.*
- Advised a Hong Kong private equity firm in a proposed approximately US$ 65 million loan to two luxury condominium developers, including advising on security documentation over real property and equity.*
* Prior to joining Freshfields.
- The College of Law (Sydney) (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)
- The University of Sydney (JD)
- Queen’s University (BA (Hons))
- Admitted to the Legal Profession, The Supreme Court of New South Wales (Not admitted in Japan)