About Marques Tracy
Marques is a senior associate whose practice focuses on civil securities litigation, corporate governance disputes, regulatory investigations, and white collar criminal defense matters. He has deep experience representing clients in the finance, energy, pharmaceutical, and sports industries.
Marques also has an active pro bono practice, and regularly represents these clients in federal and state litigation, including with respect to contract disputes, criminal appeals, and post-conviction relief.
Prior to joining Freshfields, Marques was an associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
Federal securities and corporate governance disputes
- Multinational investment bank in federal and state civil fraud actions arising out of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Independent directors of large global travel technology company in derivative and class action claims brought in Delaware Chancery court.
- Large investment management firm in a putative class action brought by contemporaneous traders of pharmaceutical stocks under Section 20A of the Exchange Act.
- Multinational investment bank in a billion-dollar class action alleging misconduct in U.S. Treasury auctions.
Regulatory and internal investigations
- Multiple investment management firms in federal insider trading investigations by the DOJ and SEC.
- Large multinational investment bank in federal securities investigations by the DOJ and SEC, including appealing from a federal court’s refusal to approve SEC settlement.
- French transnational natural resources company in internal and FCPA investigations by the DOJ and SEC.
- Large technology firm in an FCPA investigation by the SEC.
- International law firm in FCPA investigations by the DOJ and SEC.
- Professional sports league in an internal investigation into allegations of misconduct by team officials and players, and drafting public report of findings.
Complex civil disputes
- Private equity firm in a qui tam False Claims Act action brought in Florida state court.
- Multinational financial services corporation in an employment discrimination class action brought in Minnesota federal court.
- Canadian natural resources company in an international arbitration involving an insurance coverage dispute.
- International non-profit sports association in a putative class action brought in California federal court alleging negligence claims relating to head injuries.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2010
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar; Managing Editor, Columbia Business Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2002
- State of New York, Second Department
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- French (Highly proficient)