About Deirdre Trapp
Deirdre is an award-winning antitrust practitioner dealing with both contentious and non-contentious antitrust matters.
She has considerable experience of appearing before the UK Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission and other agencies worldwide.
Deirdre has been involved in a wide range of economic sectors, particularly retailing, consumer goods, financial services, the media, energy and transport. She also has extensive experience in the liberalisation and regulation of these sectors under both EU and UK law.
Deirdre’s recent matters include advising:
- Flutter on its multi-jurisdictional acquisition of Stars Group, cleared unconditionally at Phase
- Sabre/Farelogix, acting for Amadeus, a key industry third party witness in the phase 2 CMA process
- Amadeus in relation to the EC Commission investigation into content parity clauses in airline ticket distribution contracts
- Yorkshire Water on the CMA’s redetermination of the PR19 price control
- SSE on strategic advice in relation to the RIIO2 price control
- St. Hilda’s College Oxford, UK (MA in politics, philosophy and economics)
- Member of the Solicitors’ European Group
- Member of the Royal Society for the Arts
- Global Head of Freshfields’ Competition Group 2000-06
- Chair of Freshfields’sector groups in 2008
- Global Freshfields’client partner 2009-12