About Simon Trisk
Simon is a Law Clerk in our New York office focusing on M&A and corporate matters. Prior to joining Freshfields, Simon was an associate at a leading commercial law firm in Johannesburg, South Africa, where he maintained a general business law practice, with a focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions, as well as advice on general commercial issues.
- Jungheinrich AG on its $375 million acquisition of Indiana-based Storage Solutions, Inc.
- AfriSam Group Companies for its debt-to-equity swap deal that reduced the group’s debt by $435 million from $575 million to a “sustainable debt level” of $140 million.*
- Aker Horizons ASA’s acquisition of 75% of the issued shares in Mainstream Renewable Power Limited for approximately $877 million.*
- SIG Combibloc Group (SIG) with its purchase of 50% of the shares in SIG Combibloc Obeikan, with a combination of newly issued SIG shares and a cash consideration of $195 million.*
- Investment Consortium, including members of the Syntell Proprietary Limited management team, for the purchase of the issued shares in a company from EOH Mthombo Proprietary Limited for a base price of $14 million.*
- A large Building Materials Company regarding the sale of its shares in a publicly-listed Tanzanian company to a listed German Multinational Building Materials Company for an initial purchase price of approximately $60 million.*
*Please note that representations with an asterisk (*) were completed prior to joining Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Duke University School of Law, LLM, cum laude, 2022
- Law and Contemporary Problems, Staff Editor
University of Cape Town, LLB, 2016 and B.A., 2014
- Admitted in South Africa. Supervised by New York-qualified lawyers.