About Vanessa van Weelden
Vanessa is a principal associate in our Brussels antitrust, competition and trade team. Her practice focuses on all aspects of EU and German competition law including antitrust compliance and antitrust investigations as well as merger control and foreign investment proceedings.
Vanessa has significant experience of complex cross-border merger transactions, including investigations before the European Commission and Germany’s Bundeskartellamt, managing multi-national filings, as well as foreign investment screening by national authorities. Her experience also covers antitrust advice on strategic partnerships, compliance systems as well as supply and distribution.
Vanessa is a member of our core foreign subsidies working group and advises a variety of clients on the implications of the new EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation.
She speaks English and German.
- Parker-Hannifin on the merger control and national security/foreign investment aspects of its multibillion public bid for Meggitt PLC.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on the EU and global merger control aspects of its proposed $11.5bn acquisition of Qiagen.
- Másmóvil on the merger control aspects of the proposed combination of its fixed and mobile telecommunications activities with the Spanish operations of Orange.
- Deutsche Telekom and Greek telecom group OTE on the antitrust aspects of the sale of their Romanian fixed-line telephony division, the former Romtelecom, to Orange.
- Various TMT operators on the antitrust aspects of a proposed sale of their respective telecommunications towers and related long-term lease agreements.
- A global technology company on DMA aspects as well as ongoing advice on strategic partnerships as well as supply and distribution queries.
- Smart on the EU antitrust aspects in connection with its relationship with its parent companies Mercedes-Benz Group AG and Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co., Ltd.
- A number of private equity clients and pension funds on the merger control, competition, foreign investment and foreign subsidies aspects of various acquisitions.
- University of Freiburg, Germany
- University of Heidelberg, Germany
- China University of Political Science and Law Beijing, China
- Legal traineeship (Referendariat) at Munich Higher Regional Court (Oberlandesgericht), including traineeship at the European Commission, DG Competition
- Rechtsanwältin admitted to the Munich Bar
- Admitted to the Brussels Bar (E-list)
- Co-head of the Regionalgruppe Brüssel of the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht