About Maj Vaseghi
Maj advises a wide variety of clients on corporate governance, executive compensation and employee benefits, including with respect to:
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings, where she advises clients on employee benefit and executive compensation aspects, including equity arrangements, negotiation of executive employment and severance arrangements, issues regarding golden parachute taxes under Section 280G of the Internal Revenue Code and deferred compensation issues under Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Representation on ongoing executive compensation and employee benefits matters, including advising board compensation committees and senior executives with respect to employment arrangements, cash and equity-based incentive plans, deferred compensation plans, preparation of securities filings related to executive compensation matters, including proxy materials.
- Public company representation, including advising dozens of companies across a range of industries on corporate governance, securities law reporting and compliance and proxy advisory and institutional stockholder voting guidelines.
Maj previously served as in-house securities and corporate governance counsel at VMWare, and brings a keen understanding of the business issues large public companies face. She frequently writes and speaks on corporate governance, executive compensation and employee benefits related issues.
- LANXESS AG on its pending $1.3bn acquisition of the microbial control business of International Flavors & Fragrances.
- Western Union on the $910m sale of Western Union Business Solutions to Goldfinch Partners and Baupost Group.
- Universal Music Group on the $4bn acquisition by SPAC Pershing Square Tontine Holdings of 10% of UMG from Vivendi and separation of UMG from Vivendi.
- Sitel Group on its $2.2bn take-private of Sykes Enterprises.
- Zymergen on its $575m IPO and conversion to a public benefit corporation.
- Agilent Technologies on its acquisition of Resolution Bioscience.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise on its sale of Azamara cruise.
- Belden on the sale of its industrial cable business in Brazil to Yangtze Optical.
- Clever Leaves on its business combination with SPAC Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- Annexon Biosciences on its IPO.
- Eventbrite on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and recent financing of up to $225m from Francisco Partners and convertible senior notes offering.
- NVIDIA on its acquisition of Cumulus Networks.
- The Cheesecake Factory on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and its $200m convertible preferred investment from affiliates of Roark Capital and acquisition of Fox Restaurant Concepts.
- Aduro Biotech on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and merger with Chinook Therapeutics.
- William Lyon Homes on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and its $2.4bn merger with Taylor Morrison.
- Caesars Entertainment on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and merger with Eldorado Resorts.
- Maxar Technologies on its ongoing executive compensation and benefits matters and domestication into the US.
- Advising on an ongoing basis dozens of public companies on securities compliance, corporate governance and ongoing compensation and benefits matters, including: Advanced Micro Devices, American Airlines, Amgen, Avery Dennison, BioRad Laboratories, The Cheesecake Factory, Broadcom, Caesars Entertainment Corporation, CalAmp, Eventbrite, Extreme Networks, Intuitive Surgical, Mattel, Nevro, Prothena, Realty Income, ResMed, Skechers, Staar Surgical, Stanley Black & Decker; TriNet and Zosano Pharma.
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.S., Columbia University
- State of California