About Luigi Verga
Luigi specialises in the fields of private equity, and public and private M&A.
He is a lawyer with a broad, global perspective. After qualifying in Italy, he studied in the Netherlands and also spent a year working with the private equity team in Freshfields’ London office.
Luigi draws on this background when advising his international and domestic clients, mainly private equity investors and industrial and retail clients. He has a knack of making the complex Italian legal system digestible to overseas clients, and is equally at home working on international deals in multiple jurisdictions.
He is a versatile lawyer with an ability to drill down into the fine detail of a deal without ever losing sight of the practical and commercial aims. He understands that efficiency and value for money are key to clients and ensures they are kept up to date with all developments during a transaction.
- Assisting an international PE fund on the acquisition of a company in the healthcare sector.
- Assisting a leading telecom group in its joint venture in the mobile telecommunication sector in Italy.
- Advising a US PE fund in its investment in an Italian agribusiness company.
- University of Bologna, Italy (JD)
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands (LLM in EU business law, distinction)
- Admitted to the Italian Bar – Milan (avvocato)