About Ezequiel H. Vetulli
Ezequiel is an associate in Freshfields' international arbitration group, based in New York.
Ezequiel specializes in international law and arbitration, and he focuses his practice on disputes in Latin America. Ezequiel has acted in arbitrations under the rules of the ICC, ICSID, ICSID Additional Facility, and UNCITRAL. He has represented and advised investors in multiple jurisdictions and across a variety of sectors, including energy, telecommunications, and the agro-industry.
Ezequiel joined Freshfields in 2016, spending two years in our London office. Prior to joining Freshfields, he worked in the arbitration and energy group of a GAR100 law firm, a commercial court in Buenos Aires, and a multinational chemical company.
He speaks English and Spanish.
- Representing Serafín García Armas and Karina García Gruber in an UNCITRAL arbitration against Venezuela under the Spain-Venezuela BIT, arising out of the expropriation of their investments in the food import and distribution sector, obtaining a favourable award of US$367 million.
- Representing a family of Spanish investors in two parallel arbitrations (ICSID Additional Facility and UNCITRAL) against Venezuela under the Spain-Venezuela BIT, arising out of the expropriation of their investments in the food importation and distribution sector and other measures.
- Representing Grupo Agroinsumos Iberoamericanos in an ICSID arbitration against Venezuela under the Spain-Venezuela BIT, in relation to the expropriation of its investment in the most important group of companies in the food and agriculture sector in Venezuela.
- Representing Mexican telecommunications giant América Móvil in an ICSID Additional Facility arbitration against Colombia under the FTA Mexico-Colombia, in relation to the expropriation of the assets held by Colombia’s largest mobile phone provider.
- Representing Argentina’s largest oil & gas company, in three consolidated ICC arbitrations of US$1.6bn related to a cross-border gas distribution project.*
- Representing an energy company in an ICC arbitration related to contractual breaches in the construction of a biodiesel plant in Argentina.*
- Supporting developing States in multilateral treaty negotiations.
* Matters with a previous firm.
- LL.M in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva.
- Oil and Gas Law Postgraduate Program, University of Buenos Aires.
- Law degree (JD equivalent), University of Buenos Aires.
- Summer Program, The Hague Academy of International Law.
- External Program, The Hague Academy of International Law.
- Summer Program, Paris Arbitration Academy.
- Young ICCA Mentoring Program.
- Admitted to practice in Argentina
- First Prize, Young Arbitrators Match, organized by the Paris Very Young Arbitration Practitioners.
- Laureate Prize, Paris Arbitration Academy.
- Winner of the ICC YAF Call for Ideas (in two occasions).