About Abhilasha Vij
Abhilasha is an Associate in our International Arbitration Group, based in Dubai.
Abhilasha has experience working on international disputes with a focus on investor-state arbitration, commercial arbitration, and cross-border litigation. She has advised clients in arbitrations under a variety of arbitral rules covering many industry sectors, including oil and gas, real estate, and telecom.
Before joining Freshfields, Abhilasha worked at a law firm in India. She has extensive experience advising multi-national corporations on their cross-border disputes in India.
Abhilasha was educated at University of Delhi and Stanford Law School. She is qualified to practice in India. She is also a registered Legal Consultant with the Dubai Legal Affairs Department.
Abhilasha is fluent in English and Hindi.
A sample of Abhilasha's recent experience includes:
- advising a UAE conglomerate in relation to a dispute arising out of its construction contract with an Asian state government.
- advising a major automotive company involved in dispute arising out of the termination of multiple agreements with a Middle Eastern distributor.
- advising a Middle Eastern joint-venture contractor in ICC arbitration proceedings seated in Geneva against an international EPC contractor concerning works at an onshore oil and gas facility in the UAE.
- advising a significant global telecom player in a regulatory investigation and legal proceedings connected with a major accounting restatement in Saudi Arabia.
- advising a global investment holding company on its pre-acquisition due diligence in relation to favourable jurisdictions for BIT protections.
- *advising a Chinese entity and its Indian subsidiary in an ICC arbitration seated in India in relation to a dispute arising out of a distributorship agreement.
- *advising a Spanish turnkey service company in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in India in relation to a dispute arising out of an EPC contract with the Indian government.
- *advising an Indian construction company in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in India in relation to a dispute arising out of a contract for production and distribution of wind energy.
- *representing clients before the Supreme Court of India and the High Court of Delhi.
*Lawyer experience prior to joining Freshfields.
- Stanford Law School, LL.M. (2020)
- Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, LL.B. (2015)
- University of Delhi, B.Com. Hons. (2012)
- Admitted to practice in India.