About Daniel von Bülow
Daniel is a principal associate in our global transactions group.
He advises companies, investors and banks on equity and debt capital markets transactions, in particular initial public offerings (IPO) and capital increases. In addition, Daniel has developed extended expertise in public M&A matters. He also advises on capital markets compliance as well as on general corporate matters.
Daniel has been recognised as one of the most renowned capital markets lawyers in the WirtschaftsWoche ranking (2022). He has also been named as "One to Watch" / "Lawyer of the Future" in the Best Lawyers ranking for categories capital markets, M&A as well as corporate law (2022, 2021).
Prior to joining Freshfields, Daniel was as an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell in Frankfurt where he advised on M&A matters and initial public offerings.
- Advising the underwriters in the initial public offering of AUTO1
- Advising Nordex in relation to its private placement and subsequent capital increase against cash and subscription offer (2022), and advising Nordex in relation to its capital increase against cash/in kind contribution and subscription offer (2021)
- Advising Springer Nature in its initial public offering (abandoned)*
- Advising RWE in its issuance of a mandatory convertible bond to the Qatar Investment Authority
- Advising Vossloh in its issuance of an ESG-linked hybrid bond
- Advising MTU Aero Engines in its issuance of an unsubordinated and unsecured fixed rate bond
- Advising Huadong on its strategic partnership with Heidelberg Pharma by way of capital increase
- Advising Hellman & Friedman in its public takeover offer to the shareholders of zooplus (cash offer)
- Advising TE Connectivity in its public takeover offer to the shareholders of First Sensor (cash offer), and on the subsequent conclusion of a domination and profit and loss transfer agreement with First Sensor
- Advising consortium of Hellman & Friedman/Blackstone in their public takeover offer to the shareholders of Scout24 (cash offer)
- Advising Praxair in its business combination with Linde and its public takeover offer to the shareholders of Linde (exchange offer)*
- Advising Standard Industries in its public takeover offer to the shareholders of Braas Monier Building Group (cash offer)*
* Matter handled prior to joining Freshfields
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany (First State Examination)
- Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main, Germany (Second State Examination)
- Admitted to the German bar (Rechtsanwalt)