About Dr. Stephan Waldhausen
Stephan specialises in public and private M&As, joint ventures, as well as stock corporation and capital markets laws. He has advised listed companies, family-owned businesses and private companies on both domestic and cross-border transactions, including complex carve-outs. He also serves clients in consumer goods, healthcare and tech sectors.
He has vast experience in governance related matters, in particular the fiduciary duties, disclosure requirements and compliance/investigations. He is recommended and shortlisted in relevant directories for M&A and corporate law such as Chambers and JUVE.
Stephan is also global co-head of the firm’s industrials sector group, which is responsible for clients in the automotive, chemicals, manufacturing and other industries.
He speaks English and German.
- Porsche Automobil Holding SE in relation to the acquisition of 25%+1 voting rights in Porsche AG for EUR 10.1 billion and (shareholders') agreements with Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft as well as the IPO of Porsche AG (25% preference shares) with proceeds of EUR 9.4 billion
- thyssenkrupp AG on the sale of the mining plant engineering business to FLS Smith, Denmark, and the complex carve-out of the activities from the Plant Technology division, implemented in parallel to the M&A track
- Deutsche Telekom AG in relation to an investment agreement with Softbank, Japan, and an approx. EUR 5 billion capital increase in kind of Deutsche Telekom AG against contribution of T-Mobile US shares by Softbank
- CompuGroup Medical SE & Co KgaA on, among others, the acquisition of an IT healthcare portfolio (medico, Soarian Integrated Care, Selene) from Cerner Inc and the acquisition of eMDs from MDeverywhere, Inc.
- CVC and Messer Industries on the acquisition of the American industrial gases business of Linde/Praxair for approx. USD 3.6 bn, including the complex carve-out of the activities, and on the contribution of Western European business activities of Messer Industries to the joint venture
- Hellman & Friedman and Blackstone in their joint €5.7 billion public takeover offer to the shareholders of Scout24
- Beiersdorf AG on, among others, the acquisition of the Chantecaille skin care business for EUR 590-690 million from Chantecaille Beauté Inc, on the acquisition of the Coppertone business for USD 550 million from Bayer AG and on the outsourcing of logistics activities to Kühne&Nagel
- Knorr-Bremse AG, inter alia, on the acquisition of the Integral Power Steering business from Hitachi, Japan, as well as on exit of its joint venture with Robert Bosch GmbH relating to the truck division
- Wincor Nixdorf AG on the EUR 1.7 billion public takeover bid by Diebold, Inc, USA and their merger to form a global provider of IT solutions and services for retail banks and retailers
- Gagfah S.A. in connection with the EUR 8.6 billion public takeover by Deutsche Annington Immobilien SE (forming Vonovia)
- Porsche and Piech families in connection with the €5 billion capital increase of Porsche Automobil Holding SE (PSE)
- thyssenkrupp AG on, among others, the sale of the VDM group to Lindsay Goldberg and on the sale of the civil shipbuilding activities Blohm & Voss to Star Capital
- Porsche and Piech families, on the creation of an integrated automotive group, including the integration of Porsche's operating business into the Volkswagen Group, the sale of Porsche Holding Salzburg (distribution network) to Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft and the sale and repurchase of ordinary shares in Porsche Automobil Holding SE to Qatar Investment Authority (QIA)
- Vossloh AG on the public takeover by Knorr-Bremse Holding AG
- OC Oerlikon Corporation AG on the sale of its global natural fibres and textile components business to Jinsheng Group, China, including complex carve-out implemented in parallel to the M&A track
- Vossloh AG on, among others, the split of the transportation division and subsequent sale to three different buyers (Stadler Rail AG, Schweiz; Knorr-Bremse AG; CRRC, China), on the sale of the Infrastructure Division to Eurovia SA, on the sale of the Infrastructure-Technology devision to Funkwerk AG, on the sale of Vossloh Schwabe (lighting devision) to Matsushita Electric Works Ltd, Japan, on the acquisition of Rocla Concrete Tie, Inc, on the acquisition of the Stahlberg-Roensch Group, on the acquisition of the Cogifer Group from Société Industrielle du Hanau and on the acquisition of Kiepe Group from Schaltbau AG
- Schwarz Pharma AG on the €4.4 billion public tender offer by Belgium-based global biopharmaceutical company UCB SAG with mixed share and cash consideration
- CRE Colonia Real Estate AG on its public takeover by TAG Immobilien AG
- IDS Scheer AG on the public takeover by Software AG
- itelligence AG on the public takeover offer by NTT Data Corporation, Japan
- Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany (Doctor of Laws – Dr iur)
- Faculty of Economics, University of Essen, Germany
- Faculty of Law, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany