About Dr. Stephan Waldhausen
Stephan specialises in public and private M&As, joint ventures, as well as stock corporation and capital markets laws. He has advised listed companies, family-owned businesses and private companies on both domestic and cross-border transactions, including complex carve-outs. He also serves clients in consumer goods, healthcare and tech sectors.
He has vast experience in governance related matters, in particular the fiduciary duties, disclosure requirements and compliance/investigations. He is recommended and shortlisted in relevant directories for M&A and corporate law such as Chambers and JUVE.
Stephan is also global co-head of the firm’s industrials sector group, which is responsible for clients in the automotive, chemicals, manufacturing and other industries.
He speaks English and German.
- Advising CompuGroup Medical SE (majority owned by Gotthardt family) on its acquisition of the Medico business sold by Cerner, Inc.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners and Messer Group on their on their $3.5bn acquisition of certain divestiture assets in the US/Americas of Linde AG and Praxair.
- Advising Beiersdorf AG on, inter alia, its acquisition of the Coppertone business from Bayer AG, its outsourcing of logistics activities to Kühne & Nagel and its sale of certain real restate to AMB.
- Advising Knorr-Bremse AG on its acquisition of the steering business for commercial vehicles from Hitachi Automotive Systems, Japan and regarding its joint venture with Robert Bosch in relation to the truck division.
- Advising Hellman & Friedman/Blackstone on their €5.7bn takeover offer to the shareholders of Scout24.
- Advising Deutsche Bank/Morgan Stanley/JP Morgan as global coordinators of Knorr-Bremse’s €3.9bn initial public offering.
- Advising Wincor Nixdorf in connection with its business combination with Diebold and its public takeover offer.
- Advising Gagfah in relation to its €8.6bn takeover by Deutsche Annington Immobilien (Vonovia).
- Advising ThyssenKrupp on the sale of the civil shipbuilding activities of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (Blohm & Voss) to UK-based Star Capital Partners and as well as on the sale of VDM-Group to Lindsay Goldberg Vogel.
- Advising General Atlantic on its joint venture with Axel Springer with regarding online classifieds and as well as on the sale of amedes-group to Antin Infrastructure Partners.
- Advising Porsche Holding as majority shareholder in the context of Volkswagen AG’s capital increase to refinance the creation of an integrated automoblie group with Porsche Automobil Holding SE.
- Advising Vossloh AG, inter alia, on the split and sale of its locomotive division to Stadler Rail, Switzerland, and CRRC, China, and on the acquisition of the US business of Rocla, Inc.
- Advising OC Oerlikon Corporation AG on the sale of its worldwide natural fibres and textile components business to Jinsheng Group, China, by way of a multi-jurisdictional share and asset deal transaction including a carve-out.
- Advising Schwarz Pharma AG on the €4.4bn public takeover offer by UCB SA, the Belgian-based global biopharmaceutical company.
- Advising CRE Colonia Real Estate AG on the take-over of the majority shares by TAG Immobilien AG.
- Advising itelligence, the listed Germany-based IT service provider, on the public takeover offer by NTT Data Corporation, the Japan-listed IT service provider and subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corp Local language.
- Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany (Doctor of Laws – Dr iur)
- Faculty of Economics, University of Essen, Germany
- Faculty of Law, Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany