About Adir Waldman
Based in Tel Aviv, Adir is the Managing Director of our Israel Focus Group. He leads a multijurisdictional team of Freshfields lawyers dedicated to advising Israeli clients and businesses with interests in Israel.
Adir's local presence brings to the doorstep of Israeli businesses Freshfields' expertise on cross-border corporate transactions, financings, dispute resolution and regulatory concerns. Before moving to Israel, Adir was a senior litigation associate at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York. He is qualified as a New York lawyer.
Adir is a graduate of Yale College and the Yale Law School, where he was a senior editor of the Yale Law Journal.
Adir speaks English and Hebrew.
- Advising Warburg Pincus on its acquisition of the Leumi Card business from Bank Leumi, the first private equity transaction in this sector in Israel.
- Advising an Israeli technology company on a joint venture for its sport-tech app.
- Advising Sotheby's on a complex, multi-party transaction involving the loan of items from Jerusalem's L.A. Mayer Museum for Islamic Art to the Al Thani Collection Foundation.
- Advising East Mediterranean Gas and its foreign shareholders in multi-billion dollar arbitrations against Egypt and Egyptian state entities involving termination of gas supply from Egypt to Israel.
- Advising ADO Properties on its successful €456m IPO on the regulated market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange (prime standard).
- Advising Chinese state-owned enterprise Bright Food on its acquisition of Israeli dairy producer Tnuva from Apax Partners.
- Advising an Israeli company in a large stakes LCIA arbitration arising out of a terminated M&A in Europe.