About Yiqiu Wang
Yiqiu is an associate in Freshfields' International Arbitration Group based in Frankfurt.
Yiqiu specialises in commercial and investment arbitration. She advises and represents clients in complex arbitration proceedings under various arbitration rules in a variety of sectors, including the energy, pharmaceutical and finance sectors.
Prior to joining the firm, Yiqiu worked for United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and an international law firm’s Singapore office.
Yiqiu speaks English, Chinese and German.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical company in a DIS post-M&A arbitration relating to an earn out mechanism under a share purchase agreement.
- Representing one of the world's leading chemical companies in an ad hoc post-M&A arbitration relating to indemnity obligations for environmental liabilities under a share purchase agreement.
- Representing an energy company in an ICC arbitration against two State-owned entities of a Central Asian State relating to a dispute arising from power purchase agreements.*
*Matters handled prior to joining Freshfields
- Attorney-at-law (New York)
- Duke University School of Law (LL.M)
- China University of Political Science and Law (LL.B, B.A)