About Simon Weller
Simon heads our Asia transactional practice.
Simon focuses on domestic and cross-border public and private M&A, joint ventures and private equity transactions.
He has experience advising a broad range of private equity and other financial investors, corporates and investment banks on transactions in both Asia and Europe.
- Advising Tesco on the US$10.6bn auction sale of its Thailand and Malaysia businesses to CP Group
- Advising PepsiCo on its US$130m acquisition of a 26% interest in Natural Food, a Hong Kong-listed company
- Advising Affinity Equity Partners on its US$520m acquisition of Trimco Group, a global provider of labels and brand identification solutions to the apparel sector
- Advising Biostime International Holdings on its leveraged acquisition of leading Australian vitamins and health supplements brand, Swisse Wellness
- Advising China Minmetals Corporation on the privatisation and de-listing plan of Hunan Nonferrous Metals Corporation from the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Advising Creat Group Corporation on its £820m acquisition of Bio Products Laboratory from Bain Capital
- Advising Hutchison Whampoa (now CK Hutchison Holdings) on the establishment of a strategic alliance between its subsidiary A.S. Watson Holdings and Temasek
- Advising Permira on its HK$6.47bn acquisition of Tricor Holdings from BEA
- Advising Tesco on the £4.2bn auction sale of its Korean business, Homeplus, to a group of investors led by MBK Partners and including CPP Investments, PSP Investments and Temasek
- Advising Warburg Pincus on its investment in Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)
- Clare College, University of Cambridge, UK (LLM)
- Licensed to practise as a solicitor in Hong Kong, and England and Wales