About Kevin Whibley
Kevin focuses on contentious matters in the financial services sector, regularly advising financial institutions on litigation and regulatory matters (both in the enforcement and supervision context).
Kevin also advises insolvency practitioners about legal and regulatory issues concerning insolvent financial institutions, and companies in relation to financial restructurings by means of schemes of arrangement, as well as related commercial, legal and regulatory issues.
Kevin joined Freshfields in 2007. He is a member of the firm’s financial institutions disputes group.
Kevin’s recent experience has included advising:
- Advising a global bank in its defence of claims in the English High Court relating to trading in carbon emissions certificates.
- Advising an investment bank in a jurisdiction dispute in litigation regarding trading in complex derivatives which related to three EU Member States.
- Advising an overseas bank in challenging the jurisdiction of the English High Court to hear a dispute relating to a contractual claim.
- Advising a ‘big 4’ accountancy firm in relation to its response to a complex regulatory investigation of its audit of a client over several years of account.
- London School of Economics and Political Science (LLM)
- University of Oxford (BA, Law)
- Solicitor-Advocate, Higher Courts Civil, England and Wales