About Tim Wilmot
Tim specialises in private equity and other cross-border M&A.
Tim is a partner in our global transactions department in London. He specialises in M&A and joint ventures for financial sponsors, and also works on restructurings, distressed M&A and management equity arrangements, alongside a wide range of portfolio company matters.
Tim’s key financial sponsor clients include AEA Investors, Blackstone, Cerberus, CVC Capital Partners, Goldman Sachs PIA and Hellman & Friedman.
- CVC on its acquisitions of stakes in Sky Bet, Moto, Paroc, Virgin Active, Neptune Energy, QA and Merlin Entertainments and its disposal of F1, Paroc and Sky Bet.
- Hellman & Friedman on its acquisitions of Nets, Concardis, Allfunds, Action, TeamSystem, Wood Mackenzie and SSP, on the merger of Nets with Nexi, the disposal of the Nets A2A infrastructure business, the IPO of Allfunds on Euronext Amsterdam and the disposal of Wood Mackenzie.
- Blackstone on its investments in Rothesay Life, Lombard Assurance and Acenden, and on the carve out of certain businesses from Schenck Process Group.
- AEA Investors on its acquisitions of SCIO Automation, Polygon, NES Global Talent, Fircroft Engineering, Sparrows Offshore and Hydrobolt, and on its disposal of Sparrows Offshore to Altrad.
- Goldman Sachs PIA on its acquisition of Oikos Group.
- Cerberus on its disposal of Spanish solar assets, on its real estate joint venture with Avestus Capital Partners for the acquisition and development of residential accommodation in Ireland and on several unsuccessful transactions.
- KAR Auction Services, Inc. on its acquisitions of CarsOnTheWeb, Greenhous Remarketing and HBC.
- York University, UK (BA)
- College of Law, UK (Diploma in Law)