About Rebecca Withey
Rebecca is an Associate in our Antitrust Litigation team in London.
Rebecca advises on competition, commercial and public law disputes and has particular experience in advising on follow-on competition litigation before the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal.
Rebecca has been involved in a number of diversity initiatives within the firm and is a member of Freshfields London Women's Network committee.
Rebecca also regularly appears as an advocate before the Asylum Support Appeals Tribunal.
During her time at Freshfields, Rebecca has spent six months on secondment to the Bank of England.
- Advising Volvo/Renault Trucks on the co-ordination of its Europe-wide defence strategy arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Acting for a multinational automotive manufacturer in relation to regulatory issues and civil proceedings arising out of allegations concerning the affected vehicles’ emissions.
- Advising ECPAT UK pro bono in a judicial review regarding the accommodation of unaccompanied children seeking asylum in hotels.
- Advising a major telecoms company on a damages case regarding allegations of abuse of dominance through margin squeeze.
- BPP Law School - Legal Practice Course
- New College, University of Oxford - BA Jurisprudence
- Qualified in England & Wales