About Raymond Wong
Raymond is an Associate in the Global Transactions Group of our Hong Kong office.
He focusses on public and private M&A transactions for private equity, financial investor and leading corporate clients, including Carlyle, Blackstone, CPP Investments and PayPal.
In 2020, he was on secondment as Legal Counsel to Carlyle.
He is an active member of the pro bono community, including assisting Justice Centre, Resolve Foundation and Hagar International.
- CPP Investments on:
- its co-investment, together with GIC, in connection with Baring Private Equity Asia's US$1.2bn acquisition of Virtusa, a Nasdaq-listed company
- its co-investment in connection with Baring Private Equity Asia's US$400m take-private of Hexaware Technologies, an Indian-listed company
- Carlyle on its sale of Yakjin to JS Corporation, a Korean-listed company
- PayPal on its acquisition of GoPay, making PayPal the first foreign licensed online payments platform in China
- Blackstone on its US$550m sale of Trans Maldivian Airways to Bain Capital and Tempus Group
- Affinity Equity Partners on its US$520m acquisition of Trimco from Partners Group
- Hong Leong on its US$1.6bn take-private bid for Guoco Group, a Hong Kong-listed company
- InterContinental Hotels on its acquisition of a 51% stake in Regent Hotels and Resorts
- Pearson on the US$300m sale of its Wall Street English business to Baring Private Equity Asia and CITIC Capital
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics), University of Auckland
- Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
- Solicitor and Barrister of the High Court of New Zealand