About Daniel Wylde
Daniel is a senior associate in our London antitrust, competition and trade team.
Daniel advises clients on a variety of EU, UK and multi-jurisdictional competition law matters, including merger control, large-scale investigations, behavioural mandates and directors disqualification, with a focus in the digital and tech space.
In 2018, Daniel was seconded to the UK Competition and Markets Authority to assist with its preparations for the UK's departure from the European Union and the future UK competition regime. During his time at Freshfields, he has also been seconded to the firm's Brussels office.
- Advising a global tech company in relation to the co-ordination of ongoing proceedings and inquiries before the European Commission, UK Competition and Markets Authority and other global competition authorities.
- Advising Auction Technology Group plc on the merger control and competition law aspects of its acquisition of LiveAuctioneers, LLC.
- Advising a global tech company in relation to the UK Competition and Markets Authority's Online Platforms and Digital Advertising Market Study.
- Advising Universal Pictures Home Entertainment on the merger control aspects of its proposed joint venture with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the merger control aspects of its strategic partnership investment in PRO14 Rugby.
- Successfully securing permission to act as directors for two individuals in the first applications heard by the High Court in the context of directors disqualification for breaches of UK competition law.
- Advising Hotelbeds, a leading bedbank owned by Cinven and CPPIB, on the antitrust aspects of its acquisitions of Tourico Holidays and GTA Group.
- Durham University, UK (LLB hons)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Law Society, England and Wales