About Daniel Wylde
Daniel is an antitrust, competition and trade associate, based in the London office.
Daniel advises clients on a variety of EU, UK and multi-jurisdictional competition law matters, including merger control, large-scale investigations, behavioural mandates and directors disqualification.
In 2018, Daniel was seconded to the UK Competition and Markets Authority to assist with its preparations for the UK's departure from the European Union and the future UK competition regime. During his time at Freshfields, he has also been seconded to the firm's Brussels office.
- Advising Universal Pictures Home Entertainment on the merger control aspects of its proposed joint venture with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the merger control aspects of its strategic partnership investment in PRO14 Rugby.
- Successfully securing permission to act as directors for two individuals in the first applications heard by the High Court in the context of directors disqualification for breaches of UK competition law.
- Advising Hotelbeds, a leading bedbank owned by Cinven and CPPIB, on the antitrust aspects of its acquisitions of Tourico Holidays and GTA Group.
- Advising on an internal investigation by a large financial institution into competition and regulatory issues in relation to its trading of financial products.
- Durham University, UK (LLB hons)
- Solicitor, England and Wales
- Law Society, England and Wales