About Jason Xu
Jason is a partner in our Beijing office and is the firm’s deputy head of equity capital markets in China.
He focuses on general corporate work, in particular equity capital market matters (including Hong Kong IPOs and follow-on offerings), domestic and cross-border public and private M&A and regulatory matters.
Jason joined Freshfields in 2007 and has worked at our Hong Kong and London offices.
A native Mandarin speaker, Jason also speaks fluent English and Cantonese.
- Advising Zhongwang International on its US$2.3bn acquisition of Aleris Corporation in the US.
- Advising China Merchants Securities on its US$1.5bn Hong Kong IPO.
- Advising China Zheshang Bank on its US$1.7bn Hong Kong IPO.
- Advising CITIC Pacific on the US$36.5bn asset injection from CITIC Group and its US$5.1bn share placement.
- Advising China International Capital Corporation on its US$2.5bn acquisition of China Investment Securities.
- Qualified in Hong Kong, China, and England and Wales