About Celine Zeng
Celine is a banking and finance lawyer who specialises in asset finance with a particular focus on the aviation industry. She regularly acts for airlines, operating lessors, major banks or other financial institutions on cross-border finance and leasing structures. Celine also advises on China-related transactions.
Celine completed her training contract at a leading international law firm in London and Munich before joining Freshfields upon qualification.
She speaks German, Mandarin, Shanghainese, English and French.
- Advising Deutsche Lufthansa AG on various aircraft financings.
- Advising Etihad Airways P.J.S.C. on the financing of their group members.
- Advising KGAL GmbH & Co. KG on sale and lease-back transactions of several A320n with a Mexican airline and of several Airbus A321 with Vietjet Aviation Joint Stock Company.
- Advising a bank on the financing of rail units for regional public transport in Germany.
- Advising a Chinese bidder on the acquisition financing for a leading German waste management company, Energy from Waste (EEW).
- Advising a Chinese company on the acquisition of the trademark of a leading Dutch cookware manufacturer.
Born in China, raised in Germany, Celine was educated in England at King's College London and at Corpus Christi College, Oxford University.
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- Solicitor, Republic of Ireland
- Rechtsanwältin, Federal Republic of Germany