Non Performing Loan (NPL) webinar series: NPL Market Perspectives, 01 March 2021High levels of NPLs can cause real threats to individual banks, the financial system and the overall economy. NPLs tie up bank capital, cause higher funding rates, pose risks to a bank's going concern and shorten credit supply.
As result of the COVID-19 pandemic certain business segments have been seriously affected. At the same time, the economy has seen an enormous increase of credit applications. This is likely to bring high levels of non-performing loans as the risks of fallouts increase.
Against this background, we have created a webinar series on NPLs for which Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has joined up with Ernst and Young and Karatzas & Partners to explore the latest market developments.
Hereby, we invite you to join us on Monday 1 March 2021 – 12.00 pm CET for a 90 minute overview on NPL market themes and market perspectives from the EU, Greece, Italy, Spain and Germany.
The following speakers await you at the webinar (in alphabetical order):
- Andreas von Bonin (Partner, Freshfields, Brussels)
- Patrick Cichy (Partner, Freshfields, Hamburg)
- Alexander Glos (Partner, Freshfields, Frankfurt)
- Catherine Karatza (Partner, Karatzas & Partners, Athens)
- Francesco Lombardo (Partner, Freshfields, Milan)
- Ana Lopez (Partner, Freshfields, Madrid)
- Mandeep Lotay (Partner, Freshfields, Amsterdam)
- Saleem Malik (Partner, Ernst and Young, London)
Invites to upcoming webinars of our NPL webinar series on “Insights on how to prepare for an NPL transaction”, “NPL transaction platforms”, “A view from Brussels on Asset Management Companies” and “Lens on European regulatory developments for NPLs” will be shared in short time.
To register please click HERE.
Joining details will be sent separately before the session.