Digital payment solutions – the transformation of the payments sector
Please click the video to watch the full recoding of the conference:
In co-operation with the Institute for Law and Finance at the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main and the Center for Financial Studies, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer held a virtual conference on digital payment solutions – the transformation of the payments sector.
The conference took place on Friday, 25 June 2021 in a virtual format.
Technology is shaping the financial services landscape and pay¬ments are a focus of innovation. We look at the role of the European Central Bank within an evolving payments ecosystem and discuss industry-led initiatives in the European payments sector such as the European Payments Initiative and the European Mobile Payment Systems Association. The conference also addresses regulatory developments based on legislative initiatives of the European Commission.
With the following guest speakers and panellists (listed in speaking order), we discuss legal and economic issues involved in the evolution towards a digital payments ecosystem:
- Fiona van Echelpoel, Deputy Director General, Market Infrastructure and Payments, European Central Bank
- Patrik Pohl, Managing Director, Head of Cash Products Germany, Deutsche Bank AG
- Céu Pereira, Team Leader for Retail Payments in the Directorate General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, DG FISMA, EU Commission
- Christian Pirkner, Co-Chair, Interoperability Working Group, European Mobile Payment Systems Association and CEO, Blue Code International AG
- Rainer Klump, Director, Center for Financial Studies, Professor of Economics, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Iddo de Jong, Team Lead Market Innovation and Integration Division, European Central Bank
- Markus Benzing, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Eva Schneider, Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
A detailed Agenda can be downloaded here.
For more information on this event, please contact the CE Events Team.