Freshfields Antitrust Partners to Speak at 67th Annual American Bar Association Antitrust Law Spring Meeting
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP (“Freshfields”) has today announced that several of its partners and attorneys will participate as moderators and speakers during the 67th Annual American Bar Association Antitrust Law Spring Meeting. The event will be hosted at the Marriott Marquis in Washington, DC from March 26 – 29, 2019.
Freshfields’ partners and attorneys will moderate and participate in the following panel discussions:
- Bankers (And Other Third Party) Privilege?: Mary Lehner, Antitrust Partner in Freshfields’ Washington, DC office, will moderate a discussion about the protection of legal privilege in the context of M&A and other settings where bankers and other third parties can be crucial to the proceedings. The panel will take place from 1:45 – 3:15 pm on Wednesday, March 27.
- Global Class Action Developments: Mark Sansom, Litigation and Antitrust Partner in Freshfields’ London office, will participate in a discussion on antitrust class action developments in the US and Canada and compare them to the collective redress mechanisms and developments in the UK and Europe. The panel will take place from 1:45 – 3:15 pm on Wednesday, March 27.
- China: Looking Back and Looking Forward: Ninette Dodoo, Co-Head of Freshfields’ Antitrust practice in China, will moderate a discussion on the past decade of, and what the future holds for, antitrust enforcement in China. The panel will take place from 1:45 – 3:15 pm on Wednesday, March 27.
- Abuse of Superior Bargaining Position: Avoiding Trouble: Kaori Yamada, Antitrust Partner in Freshfields’ Tokyo office, will participate in a discussion on the controversial Abuse of Superior Bargaining Position doctrine and whether it is consistent with the current objections and competition law and economics principles. The panel will take place from 3:30 – 5 pm on Wednesday, March 27.
- Deconstructing Depositions: Laura Collins, Antitrust Senior Associate in Freshfields’ Washington, DC office, will moderate a discussion on the taking, defending, and use of depositions in both antitrust investigations and litigation. The panel will take place from 9 – 10:15 am on Wednesday, March 27.
For 67 years, the American Bar Association has brought together world-renowned legal professionals in competition and consumer protection to provide unparalleled educational and impactful experiences. More than 3,000 delegates from over 65 countries are expected to attend this year’s event.
Notes to editors:
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800-plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multinational expertise, and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.
+1 212 284 4987
+1 203 764 2131