Freshfields Earns Band 1 Rankings in Chambers Global 2021 for Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Litigation, Tax, Arbitration, and Public International Law
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP continues to receive premier recognition in the Chambers Global guide, earning 425 practice and lawyer rankings—102 of which are top tier—in the 2021 edition. The latest installment includes Band 1 global rankings for Freshfields’ Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Litigation, Tax, International Arbitration, and Public International Law practices.
Commendations for some of our globally ranked Band 1 practices include:
- Highlighted for our “outstanding competition practice” and our “capacity to handle important US litigation.”
- Peers emphasize that the firm is "dominant, especially on global transactions."
- Market commentators praise the firm for being "at the forefront of what's happening in the market and involved in all the big investigations" and emphasize that Freshfields has "team members working in multiple languages."
- Described as "first-rate lawyers," Freshfields' competition team is commended by one source for "having a lot of depth and resources as well as a strong presence across the continent, not just in London," which makes them both "very effective and efficient."
Corporate / M&A:
- A client says: "Everyone at the firm is on the A-team—they show attention to detail and an understanding of issues, both legal and financial. In cross-border deals, it feels very comfortable; there is no misunderstanding due to different legal systems."
- A client states that "the cross-border experience of Freshfields is extremely important in various aspects," further praising "the coordination of different offices on a daily basis and the expert tailor-made legal advice from other jurisdictions."
- Another client reports: "Freshfields (has) tremendous expertise in everything that concerns cross-border disputes. Their particular strength is the ability to provide complex advice in complicated cases. Thanks to vast representation across multiple jurisdictions, Freshfields can quickly compile the necessary expertise and provide full in-house counselling on the matter."
- A source hails Freshfields as "one of few firms that has an international team with internationally-qualified lawyers."
- Clients recommend Freshfields' tax group for its capabilities handling "large multi-country deals" and highlight that the firm has "strong practices in the UK and US, providing great coordination."
- Market sources confirm that "Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer's strength is their international knowledge," and that it has a "strong international presence in the relevant markets and can build international teams which work seamlessly together."
International Arbitration – Global Market Leaders and Global USA:
- Sources are impressed by the Freshfields team's expertise, commenting that the team is "distinctive in the outstanding legal precision and clarity of its work, the depth of its strategic analysis and advice, and its high success rate."
- Freshfields is described by clients as an "exceptional firm" for international arbitration, whose lawyers are "completely on top of anything, go the extra mile and work extremely hard," as well as "(make) the integration of offices and practices around the world seem seamless."
Public International Law – Global Market Leaders:
- Sources are impressed by Freshfields’ expertise, commenting that the team is "distinctive in the outstanding legal precision and clarity of its work, the depth of its strategic analysis and advice, and its high success rate."
- The team garners praise from sources for their capabilities handling investor-state disputes, one of whom remarks that "they are the top-notch arbitration firm for state-investor cases in the world. They have extensive knowledge of all past and current cases and have an incredible team with extraordinary skills."
Chambers Global also ranked 204 ranked Freshfields individuals, 45 of which received Band 1 status.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Global 2021 rankings, click here.
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP is a global elite law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800-plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multinational expertise, and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.
Freshfields is the only firm ranked by Chambers Global in Band 1 across the seven areas of antitrust, corporate/M&A, dispute resolution, international arbitration, tax, employee benefits, and public international law. For more information visit Freshfields.us.
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.