What to Expect
Our 2023 summer program will run for 10 weeks, May 22 – July 28th.
We offer our summer associates:
The Recruiting Committee ensures that each summer associate receives a range of significant work assignments and has a fulfilling summer experience overall.
Summer associates choose the types of work they want to perform during the summer program. We do not have a formal rotation system. Work is allocated to match assignments with the interests and availability of each summer associate. There is a continual dialogue between the summers and recruiting committee members regarding available assignments and practice group preferences.
We encourage summers to be open to different types of assignments so that they have a well-rounded experience.
Pro Bono opportunities
We work on a wide range of projects and welcome you to get involved. Recent summer associates have assisted with challenging pro bono projects such as:
- A class action in partnership with International Refugee Assistance Project on behalf of Afghan and Iraqi allies to challenge egregious processing delays by US Homeland Security of their Special Immigrant Visa applications. More here.
- An excessive force lawsuit against the Lafayette Police Department (Louisiana) in partnership with The American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana on behalf of a victim of a brutal encounter involving seven police officers responding to an erroneous report.
- Advising small businesses affected by the pandemic on a variety of issues including how to apply for federal funding (with Lawyers Alliance and the New York City Bar Association’s COVID-19 Small Business Clinic).
- Drafting with The American Bar Association an international animal welfare treaty to reduce risk of future pandemics and establish minimum standards for the treatment of animals.
- Assisting a UK Foundation dedicated to innovative environmental solutions to establish a sister 501(c)3 entity in the US.
Cultural and social events
Enjoying fun activities and meals together, our summer associates socialize with our attorneys to get to know them and their practice areas. The summer calendar offers a great mix of social, cultural and sporting events. Something for everyone!
Each summer associate is provided with partner and associate mentors throughout the summer who will introduce summer associates to the firm and offer guidance and support throughout the program.
There are multiple learning and development opportunities throughout the summer to enhance summer associate legal skills.
International Business Trip
Each of our US summer associates are invited to spend a week in one of the firm’s offices outside the US. The following offices hosted summer associates in 2022: Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Paris and Vienna.