About Alessandro Di Giò
Alessandro is counsel in our ACT group in Rome.
His practice covers all areas of EU and Italian competition law, as well as regulatory and antitrust litigation, audits, integration planning and compliance programs, foreign investment control. He has experience across a wide range of sectors, and particularly in the financial, transport, retail and automotive industries, combining international experience with local knowledge to deliver effective solutions for clients on both global and domestic issues.
Alessandro was seconded to our London office for six months in 2015.
Before joining the firm, he was an intern at the Italian Antitrust Authority, and previously worked in the banking and financial regulation practice of a leading US law firm.
He graduated in law from the University of Roma Tre, where he also earned his PhD. He holds an LL.M. degree from University College London (UCL).
- Advising a multinational beverage and brewing company in the acquisition of another international company in the same sector, in relation to EU antitrust filings and global integration planning.
- Advising the Italian stock exchange and the national central counterparty depositary in abuse of dominance cases by the Italian Antitrust Authority, both closed upon commitments.
- Advising a German company in a freight forwarding cartel case, succesfully defending the immunity granted by the Italian Antitrust Authority before the Italian administrative courts and the EU Court of Justice.
- Advising a major airline company in a successful administrative litigation relating to international air traffic rights.
- Advising an international financial markets infrastructure group in two EU merger review proceedings.
- Università Roma Tre, Italy, PhD in European/comparative law
- Columbia University, New York, USA, Visiting Research fellow
- University College London, UK, LLM in International business law
- Università Roma Tre, Italy, JD (Laurea Magistrale in Giurisprudenza)
- Université Libre Bruxelles, Belgium, Erasmus Programme
Italian Bar (Rome)