About Dominic Divivier
Dominic advises in all areas of European and German competition law with a specific focus on international cartel investigations and merger control proceedings, antitrust law compliance, complaints to authorities against third parties and other behavioural, regulatory and contentious matters.
He is fluent in German and English.
- Advising various clients with regard to feasibility studies and merger control proceedings in the EU, US, Brazil, Australia and elsewhere.
- Advising various clients on dawn raids as well as dawn raid trainings in the post-COVID world (with challenges resulting from working from home, raids in private homes etc.).
- Advising various clients with regard to cartel investigations initiated by the European Commission, the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the German FCO, the US Department of Justice, the SACC in South Africa and CADE in Brazil.
- Advising various clients with regard to internal compliance investigations and the development of compliance structures.
- Advising various clients with regard to competition law aspects of R&D cooperations, joint purchasing as well as IP and distribution agreements.
- Advising Continental, inter alia, with regard to its complaint with the European Commission against Nokia's licensing practice concerning standard-essential patents ("automotive patent wars"), the spin off of its powertrain business (Vitesco), and various acquisitions, e.g., of Trelleborg's global printing blankets business.
- Advising thyssenkrupp, inter alia, with regard to the German FCO's proceedings concerning quarto plates.
- Advising Aareal Bank with regard to its proposed takeover by Advent and Centerbridge.
- Advising Takata, inter alia, with regard to the European Commission's proceedings concerning seatbelts, airbags and steering wheels for passenger cars, leading to Takata being granted immunity from what otherwise would have been aggregated fines of about €270 million.
- Advising several clients with regard to follow-on litigation proceedings, including Volvo/Renault Trucks regarding claims arising from the European Commission’s decision relating to the trucks industry.
- Freiburg University (Dr. iur. and state examination)
- Cambridge University
- Heidelberg University (Diploma in US public and private law)
- Scholar of the German National Academic Foundation
- Rechtsanwalt, Germany
- Secondments to our offices in Washington D.C., Vienna and Brussels
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht (association of German-speaking attorneys, specialising in competition law)
- Die Reichweite der Befugnis mitgliedstaatlicher Gerichte und Wettbewerbsbehörden zur Anwendung des EU-Kartellrechts, Baden-Baden 2014, 656 pages