About Rikki Haria
Rikki’s practice covers all aspects of EU and UK competition law, including merger control and foreign investment, cartels, abuse of dominance, market investigations and compliance strategies.
Working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries, he has a strong focus on the technology, media, financial services, consumer goods, retail and private equity sectors. Rikki has acted before the UK Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission and other competition regulators.
Rikki has significant experience providing strategic advice to corporate clients and financial investors on high-profile and complex transactions. He also has experience formulating innovative legal solutions and risk management strategies that enable businesses to execute their business strategies in digital markets. As much of his work is multi-jurisdictional, Rikki helps clients to devise successful cross-border commercial strategies across different regulatory environments.
Rikki draws on his commercial approach and industry knowledge to provide clear and pragmatic advice to clients and to help them work with regulators effectively. He has spent time on secondment at the UK Competition and Markets Authority in its mergers unit.
- Acting for a global technology company in relation to the UK Competition and Markets Authority's online platforms and digital advertising market study, as well as its defence and co-ordination of antitrust proceedings and sector inquiries before the European Commission and other global competition authorities.
- Advising BT/Openreach on its fibre network build and commercial business model to deliver “full-fibre” broadband around the UK.
- Advising CVC on the merger control and competition aspects of its strategic investments in the Premiership Rugby and PRO14 rugby competitions.
- Representing Tesco on the CMA’s Phase 2 investigation into its acquisition of Booker.
- Representing Zoopla and RVU on its growth strategy, including various acquisitions in relation to their property and digital comparison businesses.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman Advisors LLC on its acquisition of Concardis Payment Group.
- Advising Tesco in relation to its strategic alliance with Carrefour.
- Representing HSBC on a number of FCA and CMA investigations and studies, including the CMA’s Phase 2 market investigation into the state of competition in personal and SME banking.
- Acting for Boparan Private Office on its acquisition of Bernard Matthews.
Trinity Hall, Cambridge University, UK (Law)
BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (with distinction)
Solicitor, England and Wales