About Klaus-Stefan Hohenstatt
Klaus-Stefan is a senior partner in our global people and reward group.
He deals with highly sensitive employment issues that can make or break a deal.
His clients come from a broad range of German companies and multinationals, with a focus on the services industry, media (printing and publishing), general industries (with a focus on the automotive industry), and the consumer and healthcare sectors.
Klaus-Stefan also works as a senior adviser for supervisory and executive boards, tackling difficult or sensitive board matters with tact and discretion. He advises on employment and service contracts for board members (and their termination), and remuneration schemes and pension arrangements for senior executives.
He speaks German, English and French.
- Advising and representing vis-à-vis unions and works councils in the context of various restructuring projects, in particular downsizings, splits of business operations, outsourcing projects etc, including the negotiation of social plans.
- Advising on a significant number of projects for multinationals with the aim to optimise their system of employee representation by transforming them into a societas europaea (SE) or by implementing a cross-border merger. Recent examples include HDI Global (Talanx), Busch Holding and Otto Bock Health Care.
- Giving highly confidential advice for various supervisory boards on executive board remuneration, including bonus schemes and pension arrangements, and on termination agreements.
- Advising several international service firms and professional partnerships in the context of the forced retirement/termination of shareholders, partners or executives.
- German board member of the European Employment Lawyers Association and Chairman of EELA since 2019
- Co-Director of the Center of the Legal Profession at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, Germany
- Honorary professor for employment law at Bucerius Law School, Hamburg