Besides legal compliance with a raft of constantly changing local laws, businesses need to make sure they have efficient cyber-security systems in place, as headlines about major data thefts directly impact reputations and brands.
Advising on many highly complex data privacy projects has given us the know-how, best practice approaches and management skills to help you efficiently navigate the global data protection landscape.
Our data protection experience includes, in particular:
- supporting or leading EU general data protection regulation gap analyses and implementation projects;
- privacy-by-design implementations and privacy-impact assessments;
- data protection issues related to websites, e-commerce and apps/mobile solutions;
- transfer of personal data to non-EEA countries, including risk management and implementation of workable solutions;
- employee data protection (including dealing with works council information and co-determination requirements, collective agreements on HR data processing, data protection and data security policies and trainings, data privacy consent of employees, cyber security issues, global HR data bases, etc);
- data loss and data breach, including obligations to provide information to national data protection authorities;
- privacy issues in M&A transactions as well as multijurisdictional outsourcing projects and commissioned data processing;
- dealing with privacy regulators; and
- access to personal data (in particular email accounts) in the context of internal investigations, including telecommunication secrecy issues.