About Meredith Mommers
Meredith is a counsel in our antitrust, competition and trade group, based in Washington, DC.
Meredith represents clients on a range of antitrust issues relating to the US merger control and review process, multijurisdictional merger control, civil antitrust litigation, consumer protection, foreign investment review by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS), and investigations before the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Prior to joining Freshfields, Meredith interned at the National Criminal Enforcement Section of the DOJ, Antitrust Division in Washington, DC and Atlanta, Georgia.
- Advising Continental AG, the German auto and truck parts manufacturing company, on merger control aspects of its $1.6bn acquisition of US-based rubber and plastics company Veyance Technologies Inc. from private equity firm Carlyle Group.
- Advising United Airlines on the DOJ investigation and challenge to its slot acquisitions in New York City, the ongoing DOJ investigation of alleged collusion among North American airlines, and various joint venture agreements requiring antitrust and other regulatory approvals.
- Advising Invensys plc on the US antitrust review of the $5.2bn sale of the global engineering and information technology company to Schneider Electric.
- Advising a European-headquartered manufacturer of high-security radio-frequency identification inlays, on the merger control and CFIUS aspects of its potential sale to a French-headquartered technology company
- Advising a German auto parts manufacturer and its North American subsidiary on leniency proceedings and negotiated plea agreement with the DOJ Antitrust Division in its ongoing auto parts investigation, including an extensive internal client audit and compliance with DOJ grand jury subpoena.
- JD, Emory University School of Law.
- BA, Northwestern University.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York and the District of Columbia.
- Symposium Editor, Emory Law Review.