Event occurred on: 7-14-2022
PLI’s Understanding the Securities Law 2022
Time: 1:30PM ET
Location: PLI New York
1177 Avenue of the Americas
Entrance on 45th Street
New York, NY 10036
Share this event with your colleagues and connections on social media.
Freshfields US capital markets partner Michael Levitt will be speaking on the panel “Securities Act Exemptions” at PLI’s Understanding the Securities Law 2022.
The two-day program provides an introduction of the US securities laws and addresses the fundamentals of securities law practice. The regulatory fundamentals will be covered, in addition to current trends and common legal ethics issues encountered by securities attorneys.
The upcoming Securities Act Exemptions panel will cover:
- Compare exempt securities versus exempt transactions
- Integration following the adoption of Rule 152
- Review private placements, including offerings under Rules 504 and 506 of Regulation D
- Understand the importance of “accredited investors”
- What are Regulation A+ offerings?
- What are “Intrastate” offerings?
- Analyze employee equity awards, including Rule 701 and proposed amendments for “gig economy” workers
- Examine Regulation S offerings outside the U.S.
- Delve into crowdfunding rules.
- Resales of restricted and controlled securities: overview of Rule 144 (including proposed changes), Rule 144A, Section 4(a)(7) and “Section 4(a)(1½)”