Digital operational resilience in the financial services sector – insights into DORA, 11 March 2021
We are happy to invite you to our upcoming Banking Union Webinar on 'Digital operational resilience in the financial services sector– insights into DORA' on 11 March 2021 – 12pm CET.
Together with its Digital Finance Strategy the European Commission published a legislative proposal on digital operational resilience. The draft legislation provides for a comprehensive framework which would enhance the ICT risk management requirements across the financial services sector and introduce a new oversight framework for critical third-party service providers.
The Commission emphasised that this proposal is principle and outcome-based, whilst the required granularity would be expressed through delegated acts. As the introduction of these requirements may be familiar for some financial entities, it might entail more significant changes regarding ICT risk management for others.
We are looking forward to providing you with an overview of the Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA) and discussing the following topics:
- ICT governance, including incidents reporting and enhanced testing requirements
- Key regulations regarding ICT providers, in particular restrictions regarding sourcing from and sub-contracting outside the EU
- Competent bodies and processes of the new oversight framework for critical ICT service providers
Speakers (all Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer):
- Torsten Schreier, Corporate and M&A Partner
- Janina Heinz, Banking Regulatory Counsel
- David Jansen, Banking Regulatory Principal Associate
Joining details will be sent out closer to the event date.