Freshfields Bolsters Leveraged Finance Practice With Addition of Partner Allison R. Liff
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer announced today that Allison R. Liff has joined the firm’s US leveraged finance practice as a partner based in New York.
Ms. Liff’s practice focuses on the representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies, as well as corporate clients, across the globe in a wide variety of complex domestic and cross-border debt financing transactions, including acquisition financings, recapitalizations, asset-based lending, liability management transactions and restructurings, and ongoing strategic advice.
“Allison’s long-standing sponsor-focused practice and expansive experience make her a great fit to help lead our leveraged finance practice,” said Partner and Head of US Transactions Paul Tiger. “Her addition to the team underscores the firm’s commitment to its financial sponsor clients and capabilities, both in the US and globally, and the depth of the service we can deliver across our broader transactional practice.”
Ms. Liff has played a key role in advising private equity and other clients on leveraged finance matters, including:
- Advent International and its portfolio companies in connection with numerous acquisition financings and other portfolio company financing matters, including financings in respect of NielsenIQ, Serta Simmons, Assembly, ATI Physical Therapy, Culligan International, Definitive Healthcare, First Watch Restaurants, Orveon, P2 Energy Solutions, Quala, Sovos Brands and Thrasio;
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management on numerous acquisition and portfolio company financings, including in respect of Avasure, Omega Healthcare, Restaurant Technologies and Trader Interactive;
- CVC Capital Partners on several acquisition and portfolio company financings, including Radwell International, Icario and Cunningham Lindsey;
- Centerbridge Partners on several acquisition and portfolio company financings, including of Bluestem Brands, Capmark and syncreon, among others;
- TPG on several acquisition and portfolio company financings, including of Accel Entertainment, Keter Environmental and Morrow Sodali; and
- numerous leveraged financings, including acquisitions and recapitalizations, as well as liability management transactions, for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, including Apollo, Ardian, GI Partners, Searchlight Capital and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
Ms. Liff has previously been recognized as a leading lawyer for Banking & Finance by Chambers Global and Chambers USA, a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Banking in the US by IFLR1000, an expert in Banking & Finance by Expert Guides' Women in Business Law, a Banking MVP by Law360 and as an honoree in The M&A Advisor’s 2014 40 Under 40 list.
“Allison is a fantastic addition to our team as we strengthen our sponsor-side capabilities in leveraged finance and the breadth of service we provide in private equity and M&A matters. Her expertise positions her perfectly to lead the practice through its continued growth and provides our clients with the high-caliber service they have come to expect from the Freshfields platform,” said Sarah Solum, the firm’s Head of US Capital Markets and US Managing Partner.
“I’m excited to be able to bring the benefits of Freshfields to my long-standing clients and to be part of such a talented and seasoned team. The momentum behind the firm is incredible, and I look forward to helping the firm continue to expand its global platform,” said Ms. Liff.
About Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on groundbreaking and business-critical mandates. Our 2,800-plus lawyers deliver results worldwide through our own offices and alongside leading local firms. Our commitment, local and multinational expertise, and business know-how means our clients rely on us when it matters most.
Freshfields is ranked by Chambers Global in Band 1 across the six areas of antitrust, corporate/M&A, litigation, international arbitration, tax, and public international law. For more information visit Freshfields.us.
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
For more information contact:
Office: +1 212 284 4987
Office: +1 212 584 5485