Event occurred on: 5-19-2021
The SPAC Boom: What You Need To Know About Emerging Transactional, Litigation And Insurance Risks And Developments
In 2020, there were 248 SPAC IPOs, totaling approximately $83 billion in gross proceeds, ushering in an era of unforeseeable growth in SPACs. And while 2021 started strong, recent market and regulatory developments have profoundly impacted the SPAC market.
Join Freshfields and Aon for a multidisciplinary, practical discussion on trends, developments, risks and what’s next related to SPACs and de-SPACs. Topics will include:
- Recent developments in deal dynamics and terms
- Emerging SPAC litigation trends
- Recent SEC guidance on SPACs
- D&O insurance considerations for SPAC IPOs
- Mary Eaton – Partner and Co-Head, Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- Pamela Marcogliese – Partner, Capital Markets
- Robbyn Reichman – Managing Director and Practice Leader, Legal & Claims
- Kristin Kraeger – National D&O Practice and Product Leader, head of Public Transitions
California Law 1 General - Participatory
- New Jersey Law (Reciprocal) 1 General
New York Law 1 PP – Transitional and Non-transitional
- CA CLE: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP has been certified by the State Bar of California as an approved provider of MCLE.
- NY CLE: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP has been certified by the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider of Continuing Legal Education in the State of New York. This continuing legal education course has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Rules and Regulations for credits as indicated above.
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
9:00am - 10:00am PT
12:00pm - 1:00pm ET
Partner, Co-head of Securities & Shareholder Litigation, FreshfieldsSee profile >
Head of US Transactions, FreshfieldsSee profile >